Thursday, January 14, 2010

Walking tall.

For many months, I have had a huge thing for wedge booties. As you know, I desperately love outrageous platforms and heels, so these are right up my alley. It all started with the Acne wedges:


Upon seeing these shoes for the first time, I came to the conclusion that they were (a) unbelievably attractive and (b) out-of-the-question expensive. However, I was not deterred as the style became rather popular and many more options surfaced. Observe:


These are Dolce and Gabbana/suede/even more expensive, but they're not thoroughly bad-looking, right?


I then noticed these Jeffrey Campbell 99 Zip Wedges that were dramatically less expensive. Now we were starting to get somewhere.



These are called "The Dancer" by Illex Kinni, although they are not my first inclination when thinking of dancing shoes. However, they are fantastic and I really love the blue lining and little side bows. Tempting, I must say.


And then, when all hope was nearly lost, I stumbled upon the Jeffrey Campbell Alexa wedge booties. Why, Alexa, has no one told you that you are a dead wringer for the Acne wedges? And far, far less expensive? And the answer to my prayers?

Let me just say that I may have purchased one of the aforementioned pairs of shoes. And I do not regret it because I love them, they are fabulous and we all are entitled to a few extravagances now and then. ♥♥♥

I will post photos of them very shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment